The SCBook Festival annually presents a Children’s Pavilion stage on Saturday and Sunday of the festival weekend featuring storytelling, performances, crafts, music, and more! The fun and educational programs are perfect for families and kids from 2 to 11 and are presented in partnership with Richland Library.
2015 Children’s Pavilion
Saturday, May 16
9:30 am-10:20 am—Movers and Shakers Storytime featuring African Drums
10:40 am-11:30 am—Sarah Dippity
11:50 am-12:40 pm—Columbia Children’s Theatre presents Skippyjon Jones: Cirque de Olé
1:00 pm-1:50 pm— Rockin’ & Reading with Read-a-Rama presented by Dr. Michelle Martin
2:10 pm-3:00 pm— Connecting Kids with Nature: The Great Blue Heron of South Carolina presented by photographer and author Frank Baker
3:20 pm-4:10 pm— AC Flora Theatre presents The Giver
Make art with Ladybug Studios and Girl Scout Cadette & Senior Troop 545.
Sunday, May 17
12:30 pm-1:20 pm—Celebrate Alice in Wonderland with a performance of the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party presented by The Greater Columbia Literacy Council
1:40 pm-2:30 pm—Story Squad
2:50 pm-3:40 pm—Cocky’s Reading Express
Meet Denton the Dragon at 1:20 pm and 2:30 pm
Each day offers one drawing for a free basket of books courtesy of the SC Center for Children’s Books and Literacy.
The Lounge for Tweens and Teens
Saturday, May 16
12:00 pm-2:00pm—Upcycled Art with Ladybug Studios
2:30 pm-3:30 pm—STEM: LEGO Robotics presented by Sylvan Learning Center
Sunday, May 17
12:30 pm-4:30 pm—Richland Library’s Maker Space featuring Stop-Motion Animation, 3D Printing and Found Poetry
Other Children’s and Young Adult Authors and Presentations
- Paige Crutcher, Elizabeth Dutton, and Courtney C. Stevens present “Coming of Age” at 9:30AM on Saturday, May 16 in Carolina Meeting Room B.
- Clay Rice presents “The Stick” at 9:30 AM on Saturday, May 16 in Richland Meeting Room C.
- Mary Alice Monroe and Ron Rash present “The Shark’s Tooth” on Saturday, May 16 at 10:40AM in Richland Meeting Room C.
- Dawn Cusick, Lester Laminack, Kate Salley Palmer, and Teri Woods present “Learn, Laugh, Love: Children’s Books” at 1:00PM on Saturday, May 16 in Carolina Meeting Room B.
- Jaye Robin Brown, John Parke Davis, Catherine McKenzie, and Carrie Ryan present “From 9 to 99: Read Across the Ages” at 12:30PM on Sunday, May 17 in Lexington Meeting Room B.
- The SC State Library presents Gail Carson Levine at 12:30PM on Sunday, May 17 in Richland Meeting Room A&B.
- Lori Goldstein, Megan Miranda, and Jana Oliver present “Other Worlds: Young Adult Fantasy” at 1:40PM on Sunday, May 17 in Lexington Meeting Room B.
- Young Palmetto Books presents Katie’s Cabbage featuring Katie Stagliano, Karen Heid, Michelle Martin, and Patricia Moore-Pastides at 1:40PM on Sunday, May 17 in Richland Meeting Room C.
- Meg Cabot will present her newest book for middle grade readers From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess at 4:00PM on Sunday, May 17 in Richland Meeting Room A&B.
Children’s Book Exhibitors
- A Children’s Book, “Hold On To Hope” – Anna Seigler, Author (Booth #417)
- Alice at 50 – Greater Columbia Literacy Council (Booth #205)
- Allen Paul Books (Booth #212)
- Author Karen Petit (Booth #601)
- Books by Dawn and Ann (Booth #418)
- Bubbleland Imagination Co. (Booth #112)
- Colorworld Books (Booth #553)
- Confusion Press (Booth #311)
- Hare Brand Ideas (Booth #112)
- Henry Porada (Booth #525)
- Holladay House Publishing (Booth #413)
- John Gillgren and Nancy Blanton, Authors (Booth #224)
- My First Books SC (Booth #324)
- Richland Library (Booth #301)
- SCETV & ETV Radio (Booth #302)
- South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities (Booth #217)
- Stacy Roberts, Author (Booth #326)
- Teri Woods Publishing, LLC (Booth #249)
- The Raggedy Owl (Booth #715)
- University of South Carolina Press (Booth #101)
- Unlimited Potential Publishing (Booth #423)
- Usborne Books & More (Booth #209)
- Virginia C. Hart and Meredith T. Taylor (Booth #704)
- Warbranch Press (Booth #102)
- YouthLight, Inc. (Booth #210)